Monday 26 September 2011

The Reno's Continue

So, we got the house barn and property for a song, BUT the house was built in the 20's, there is some odd old world German building design in the house. The roof has been reshingled, I fixed up the eaves, and the new windows and doors are in. I have to do the inside trim, and fix the brutal instal of the new back door.

Also, I had an electrician in, and got an amazing quote, if his work is a good as I expect it to be, I will not have any problem recommending him. 

After the electrical is done Laura and I can get on with the reno's we want to do, like making the wood burning oven more efficient. It only currently heats the tiny kitchen and I want it to heat the majority of the house so I can severely reduce the amount of oil we are burning each winter.

My new buddy Larry burns big logs in a home heating system and has offered me his ends. This is perfect because the logs I need are much much smaller than he can use. It's a great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment