Sunday 24 February 2013

Good bye 2012 and to be honest, good ridance.

So, it has been quite some time since I have updated my little Blog. The summer came and went, hunting season rolled around and both Laura and I got skunked. It was her first year as a new hunter, so that was a bit disapponting but it was a fitting end to our more than rough year.

Now that 2013 is well on it's way I have been told by the Military that they are not quite done with uprooting my family and I, so ther eis a chance I may have to leave my little homestead and the never ending reno's for a posting to Ottawa Ontario. It is not for sure and I am doing everything I possibly can to avoid the move as the timing is terrible for us. However as any soldier knows, the military does what it does and thats what we signed up for.

So for the mean time, reno's continue. But fences and barn repairs might be on hold. Certainly the rest of the plan will have to wait until I can completely shed my green uniform and become a full time small holder.

Let's hope that comes soon. Having such a beautiful little homestead is hard when you can only use it as a cottage, and may have to leave it all together for a year or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment