Saturday 1 March 2014

End of an Era, and Moving On

           I have officially been accepted into the NSCC Culinary Arts Program that begins on September 3rd , 2014. On top of that I have been "hired" to do some OJT at the Local Public House a Bridgewater Restaurant. Its a great deal for me and the restaurant since I get some valuable kitchen experience and they get a somewhat responsible employee for 4 months, without having to worry about paying me a cent.

          On that note I celebrated by buying myself a sweet Shun Premier 6" Chef Knife and a Chefs Chefs Choice 1520 for European and Asian style knives. Yes I am spoiled, but I figure I will soon be a starving student, after which I will be a not so starving, but very poor Cook.

         So, I am pretty stoked. 25 years in one career is a long time and I am ready to get out of the green uniform and into Cooks garb. Really another uniform but doing something I have some passion left for. Unfortunately after all those years that is something I am missing in my military career. It was great, but its time to move on.

        With that said, The Hearth portion of this blog will be completely dedicated to my school and other culinary adventures. We still have the hobby farm and all the work and responsibility that goes with it, but I will try to dedicate more time to documenting our life here.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment